Arlo Camera Setup
These instructions are used to Arlo Camera Setup. Using this instruction you can easily set up Arlo Wire-Free cameras with Arlo base stations, Arlo Pro base stations. If you sync Arlo Pro or Arlo Pro 2 Wire-Free cameras with an Arlo base station, you can still use the Arlo Pro or Arlo Pro 2 Wire-Free cameras’ features, including rechargeable batteries, 2-way audio, AC power use, and advanced motion detection. If you need further help you can contact us.
When you are setting up or adding a new Arlo Wire-Free, Arlo Pro Wire-Free, or Arlo Pro 2 Wire-Free camera to your system, a camera might occasionally fail to synchronize (sync) with your Arlo, Arlo Pro, or Arlo Pro 2 base station. An Arlo camera cannot be detected by your system until it is successfully synced.
Limit of camera add to the base station
You can stream randomly maximum of five Arlo cameras with a single base station. To start streaming the sixth camera, you need to pause one of the added or active Arlo cameras.
If you have an Elite plan with multiple base stations, you can stream five cameras from each base station simultaneously, up to a theoretical maximum of 15.
You might not be able to stream from all five cameras per base station if your WiFi network has limited bandwidth or if you are uploading other files while Arlo is streaming.
Arlo Camera Setup
Setup your Arlo Pro system includes these six steps:
- Insert the battery into your camera.
- Unlock the battery compartment by pressing and holding the latch which is present top of the camera..
- And then softly pull the battery back door to open the compartment
- Align the battery contacts.
- Insert the battery.
- Close the battery door
- Get the Arlo app.
For the best experience, download the Arlo app for your smartphone by searching for Arlo in the app store.
And if you previously use the Arlo app, check that you are using the updated version. If an update is available then update Arlo app.
- Connect your base station.
The Arlo base station can easily connect with the home network and provides to view your camera recording anywhere.
- Connect the base station to your router using an Ethernet cable.
- Use AC adapter to power the base station.
- Turn the base station on by pressing the On/Off button.
- The Internet LED and Power LED on the base station light green in 2 minutes. Your base station is set up
- Get an account.
Tap the Arlo icon on your mobile device.
- When you have a mobile device that supports Touch ID, you are prompted to enable Touch ID or skip.
- To enable Touch ID, tap on Enable Touch ID.
- Tap on New System Setup.
- Select Arlo (Wire-Free). After the app discovers your device, select your base station’s serial number
- After that select your time zone from the menu.
- Tap or click Continue. Complete the required fields for account setup.
- Tap or click Continue. And select a subscription plan
- Sync your cameras to the base station.
To Sync the camera brings the camera within one to three feet of the base station.
- In the base station press the Sync button for two seconds and then release the button.
- Wait for the Sync status LED to blink green. And then in the camera press the Sync button for two seconds and then release the button.
- The LED on the camera LED lights blue and blinks rapidly to confirm syncing. The camera is ready for viewing.
- The LED lights amber and blink rapidly for 10 seconds if the sync is not successful. You must repeat the sync process.